General terms and conditions
Article 1 – identity of the seller
Name: Royal Things V.O.F.
Address: Kouterstraat 21, 3071 Erps-Kwerps, Belgium
E-mail address: [email protected]
Phone number: +32 (0)497/447.447
VAT identification number: BE 0660.631.366
Managing directors: Arend Vandevelde en Diederick Lambert
article 2 – applicability & conditions
- Our general terms and conditions apply to every offer made by us as a web merchant to you as a consumer (private individual or company).
- We deliver worldwide. A large number of countries have standard shipping costs and can be selected in our webshop. For the other countries you can contact us. More information: www.royalthings.be/en/delivery-and-pickup-options
- To place an order you must be at least 18 years old. If you are not 18 years old, we ask you to let your parents or legal guardian place the order. If we notice that an order has been placed by a minor, we can refuse this order.
- Before the remote agreement is concluded, the text of these general conditions will be made available to the consumer.
- Placing an order on the website is deemed to be explicit acceptance of our general terms and conditions of sale, which are always available on the website.
Article 3 – our offer and your order
- If an offer has only a limited validity period or is subject to certain conditions, we will state this explicitly in our offer.
- We will always describe as completely and accurately as possible what we are selling you and how the ordering process will work. The description is in any case sufficiently detailed to allow you to make a proper assessment. If we use pictures, they are as faithful as possible to the goods and / or services offered. Obvious mistakes or obvious errors in the offer are not binding on the entrepreneur.
- Your order is complete and the agreement between us is final as soon as we confirm your order by e-mail and as soon as we have received approval for your payment transaction from our payment service provider. If your payment is refused by our payment service provider, we cannot be held responsible for delays in delivery and/or non-delivery of your order. Orders without valid payment in the name of the registered cardholder will not be accepted or processed.
Article 4 – pre-orders and cancellation
- If you cancel a pre-order (and we have already ordered the goods for you from our supplier) we will charge a 70% cancellation fee.
- The goods will clearly indicate when the expected delivery date will be. In many cases the delivery will be faster, but please note that in some cases it may take longer. We cannot give any guarantees about the duration of delivery. If there are any changes in the delivery time we will state (update) this with the item and inform you of this.
- If an order also contains goods that are already in stock they will be shipped together with the pre-orders.
- It may happen that a manufacturer does not ship an ordered item. In this case we will refund the purchase price including the shipping costs.
Article 5 – right of withdrawal
- If you buy goods or services from us, you have the right during 14 days from the delivery or conclusion of the agreement to decide that you do not want to keep the goods. You may then return your order without payment of a penalty and without giving any reason (you will have to pay the costs yourself). Within 14 days after we have received your order back or you have indicated that you wish to withdraw from the contract, we will refund you the full purchase price of the goods with the same payment method you used, unless you agree to another method. The refund is free of charge. If it is a pre-order we will charge a 70% cancellation fee.
- The direct cost of returning the goods will be borne by you, as well as the risks involved.
- We may wait to refund until we have received the goods in perfect condition.
- During the first 14 days after delivery, we expect you to handle the order and its packaging with care. If you still wish to return the goods as described above, you may only unpack or use the goods to the extent necessary to judge whether you wish to keep them.
- Will not, under any circumstances, be taken back: used, soiled, damaged or incomplete goods; goods whose specific product packaging (or part of it) has been opened; goods made to measure for the customer; goods which, by their nature, cannot be returned; vouchers, gift vouchers and credit notes, even if they have not yet been used; service contracts once performance has begun.
- The return guarantee mentioned here applies in the described capacity only to private individuals. Companies can contact us for questions regarding return options.
- To exercise your right of withdrawal, both in the case of delivery of services and delivery of goods, quickly and correctly, please complete the form below and send it to Haaggatstraat 41, 3071 Erps-Kwerps, Belgium. We will send you an e-mail to confirm receipt of your withdrawal.
Model withdrawal form
(Only fill in this form and send it back if you wish to withdraw from the agreement)
To Royal Things (Haaggatstraat 41, 3071 Erps-Kwerps, Belgium):
I/We (*) hereby inform/share (*) you that I/We (*) withdraw/retract from our agreement concerning the sale of the following goods/delivery of the following service (*)
Ordered on (*)/Received on (*)
Name / Names consumer(s)
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is submitted on paper)
(*) cross out what is not applicable.
Article 6 – the price
- During the period we mention in our offer, our prices do not change, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- Our prices are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of shipping costs.
Article 7 – payment
- We can only accept payment via the payment modules on our website.
- To ensure safe online payment and the security of your personal data, transaction data is sent over the Internet encrypted with SSL technology. You do not need any special software to pay with SSL. You recognize a secure SSL connection by the “lock” in the status bar of your browser.
Article 8 – conformity and warranty
We guarantee that the goods comply with the agreement, the specifications listed in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or usability and on the date of the conclusion of the agreement existing legal provisions and/or government regulations. If agreed, we also guarantee that the product is suitable for other than normal use. A guarantee provided by us, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that you can assert against the company on the basis of the agreement. Any defects or faulty goods delivered must be reported to us in writing within 14 days of delivery. Return of the goods must be in the original packaging and in new condition. The warranty period of us corresponds to the manufacturer’s warranty period. However, we are never responsible for the ultimate suitability of the goods for each individual application by you, nor for any advice regarding the use or application of the goods.
The warranty does not apply if:
- you have repaired and/or modified the delivered goods yourself or have had them repaired and/or modified by third parties;
- the delivered goods have been exposed to abnormal conditions or otherwise carelessly handled, or contrary to the instructions on the packaging and / or of the entrepreneur are treated;
- the inadequacy is wholly or partially the result of regulations which the government has laid down or will lay down with regard to the nature or quality of the materials used.
Article 9 – delivery and fulfillment
- All goods and services will be delivered to the address you provide with your order.
- If we are unable to deliver on time, we will always inform you before the expiry of the scheduled delivery period.
- Our shipments are always at our risk (unless otherwise indicated). However, if you return goods to us within 14 days of purchase because you prefer not to keep them, you will be responsible for their transport.
- If the goods delivered by us were damaged in transit, do not correspond to the goods on the delivery note or do not correspond to the goods you ordered, you must report this as soon as possible and certainly within 3 days. After this, our staff may ask you to return the goods and this within 14 calendar days after receipt.
- Was your package returned because you could not receive it or pick it up at a pickup point then this package can only be resent if you again reimburse the shipping costs.
- Buyers are responsible for all customs and import taxes that may apply upon arrival in their country of receipt.
- We are not responsible for delays due to customs.
Article 10 – force majeure
- In the event of force majeure, we shall not be obliged to fulfill our obligations. In that case, we may either suspend our obligations for the duration of the force majeure or definitively dissolve the agreement.
- Force majeure is any circumstance beyond our will and control that prevents the fulfilment of our obligations in whole or in part. We understand this to include strikes, fire, terrorist threats, business interruptions, energy failures, failures in a (telecommunications) network or connection or communication systems used and/or the unavailability of our website at any time, non delivery or late delivery by suppliers or other third parties, …
Article 11 – intellectual property
- Our website, logos, texts, photos, names and in general all our communications are protected by intellectual property rights that lie either with us or with our suppliers or other claimants.
- It is prohibited to use and/or make changes to the intellectual property rights as described in this article. For example, you may not copy or reproduce drawings, photographs, names, texts, logos, color combinations, etc… without our prior and explicit written permission.
Article 12 – complaints and disputes
- We always hope that all our customers are 100% satisfied. If you do have any complaints about our services, you can contact us at [email protected]
- We will do everything we can to deal with your complaint within 7 days.
- All agreements that we make with our customers, regardless of their place of residence, are governed by Belgian law and in the event of a dispute only the competent Belgian courts will be competent. If, for reasons of international law, another law is applicable, the interpretation of these general terms and conditions will be based, in the first place, on the Belgian Law on Market Practices and Consumer Protection.
- In the event of a non-judicial settlement of the dispute, the Consumer Ombudsman Service of the Federal Government is authorized to receive any request for non-judicial settlement of consumer disputes. It will in turn either process the application itself or forward it to a qualified entity. You can reach the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman via this link: www.consumerombudsman.be . In the event of cross-border disputes you can also use the Online Dispute Resolution platform of the European Union via this link: ec.europa.eu